Collected by Catherine Miller
With its half-ruined castled dominating the heights above the university-town on the banks of the Neckar river, Heidelberg is a pedestrian's dream. "Picturesque" may have become a cliché, but this German city exemplifies the meaning. I'd been here...
60487 Frankfurt, Germany
My favorite area in Frankfurt is Bockenheim, northwest of the town center … of course, I’m completely biased as this was my old neighborhood. Home to Frankfurt's Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Bockenheim is vibrant and lively. The cafés,...
Schlosshof 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Heidelberg Castle is amazing. Besides being the setting of The Student Prince, it also boasts the world's biggest wine cask -- and one of the world's best views. There's nothing wrong with the pastry in Heidelberg, either.
Römerberg 26, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Römerberg is a nice place to walk. On a stroll here you'll venture into quaint shops and restaurants. There are plenty of options for great German beer in this area. Plus, it's close to the Main River where after you enjoy your food and beer. Make...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys