Collected by Frances Pickering
Frances Pickering′s Wishlist
68 Fukakusa Yabunouchichō, Fushimi-ku, Kyōto-shi, Kyōto-fu 612-0882, Japan
Fushimi Inari Taisha on Inariyama mountain is dedicated to the Shinto gods of rice and sake, but Inari is also the god of merchants and that brings a lot of businesspeople to worship here. Everyone else stops by to see the thousands...
Arashiyama Genrokuzancho, Ukyō-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 616-0007, Japan
In western Kyoto, there is a very large forest of bamboo. As you can see in the photo, the shoots grow very tall, making those who stroll by look quite small. I'm sure there are times when this road is crowded, but when we were there, people were...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter