France road trip
Collected by Sonia Kunz
Le Moulin de Madame, 47300 Bias, France
Every village has its own B&B, but we suggest routing your trip through Villeneuve-sur-Lot for a stay at Le Moulin de Madame, a remarkably fashionable hotel considering the age of the building that houses it: a riverside mill built 235 years ago....
Grab a map and draw your own path, starting in the town of Bordeaux. See that area to the right, between the parallel Dordogne and Lot rivers? Stay within the borders of this area where authentic food reigns. Tips from the pros: The driving can be...
46200 Souillac, France
Trade the car for a kayak in Souillac and float down the Dordogne. Then get ready to eat. We still fantasize about the foie gras from Château de la Treyne, a Michelin-starred castle where, if you get too buzzed on regional Cabernet, you can rent a...
46500 Rocamadour, France
Gorge yourself some more, this time in Rocamadour, a medieval city built into the face of an actual gorge. The town is famous for its chèvre cheese, and every little shop on Rue Roland le Preux will be eager to sell you some. Heads up! This is the...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 5 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season