France | April 2012
Collected by Lara Dalinsky, AFAR Local Expert
A trip to Paris and the Poitou-Charentes region.
Place Saint-Pierre, 75018 Paris, France
Tourists flock to the top of Monmartre's hill to visit the Sacré Coeur Basilica and Place du Tertre — a haven of tacky souvenir stores and cheap art. Few of them realize that the nearby neighborhoods around Monmartre's base are filled with local...
17290 Chambon, France
Chambon is a tiny village near the mid-Atlantic coast in France. I stayed at the Tomlin's Guest House, a serene place to unwind and enjoy the slow pace of the French countryside. At the suggestion of the owner, we took a pleasant stroll outside of...
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Pl. Jean-Paul II, 75004 Paris, France
For a first-time visitor to Notre Dame, investing in the audio guide is essential to immerse in and understand this overwhelmingly significant Paris icon. There's a lot to see and absorb—history, architecture, artifacts,...
We spent the day driving around Ile de Ré, a small island off the mid-Atlantic coast of France, just over the toll bridge from La Rochelle. We made our way to the island's capital, St Martin, to dine at one of the town's many bistros only to...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys