Collected by Bertie Downs
Rue Fort du Sanctuaire, 13281 Marseille, France
Situated at the highest point in the city of Marseille lies the Notre-Dame de la Garde. From this view you can see the sun setting along the Mediterranean sea and small islands made famous from the novel, "The Count of Monte Cristo." Just...
Route de Biscarrosse, 33260 La Teste-de-Buch, France
Dune de Pyla is the largest sand dune in Europe, located in the Arcachon Bay area, southwest of France (about 45 minutes away from Bordeaux). Unlike the overly marketed and crowded Cote d’Azur (south of France), it has some of the most spectacular...
33250 Pauillac, France
If you're looking to run a marathon that is actually FUN, don't miss the Marathon du Medoc, which is held in September. Thousands of runners, most of them dressed in zany costumes (I was an unimaginative French maid), course through the vineyards...
69 Cours Pasteur, 33000 Bordeaux, France
Since 2001, residents of Bordeaux have been able to rent free bikes through Vélo Ville de Bordeaux (VVB), the city's long-term bike loan program. Some four thousand bikes have been loaned to locals since the program launched and the requests...
20224 Casamaccioli, France
From a very comfortable base in Casamaccioli (population 100, this is the view from my room) chez Jean-François et Pascale, I followed a breathtakingly beautiful trail up to the top of this peak, the third highest in Corsica. Stunning vistas at...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked