Collected by Barry wolfish
11 Place Antonin Poncet, 69002 Lyon, France
How is it possible to combine the savoir-faire of a Michelin-starred chef, the conviviality of the typical French brasseries, and a check that won't require you to remortgage your house? While this would be called pretty much impossible anywhere...
23 Rue Jean Larrivé, 69003 Lyon, France
Best frites (aka French fries) EVER. They were hand-cut by the 87-year old owner, Madame Giraud. I wrote about her in my AFAR article about Lyon's bouchons. These frites were pure heaven paired with Madame's steak with brown butter. (Yes, I did...
Cité Internationale, 81 Quai Charles de Gaulle, 69006 Lyon, France
Lyon is famous for its food and its medieval architecture, its rivers and its shopping. A striking juxtaposition to all of that is the airy, approachable Contemporary Art Museum on the north side of town. Bordering a gorgeous public park, the...
156 Rue de Créqui, 69003 Lyon, France
This odd-looking blimp is actually a quenelle de brochet, one of the quintessential foods of Lyon. They're big dumplings made out of pike fish, covered in Sauce Nantua, a classic French sauce made with crayfish. Daniel et Denise, owned by an...
8 Rue du Palais de Justice, 69005 Lyon, France
My sister and I went exploring the city center in Lyon and came across a bakery we knew we had to eat at. I don't think there was a boulangerie we didn't go into while in France. This one we realized specialized in brioche praline - which we...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Air Travel The Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico