Collected by AFAR Explorer
12 Rue Pizay, 69001 Lyon, France
These are the proprietors at one of the wonderful bouchons I wrote about for AFAR. They serve the best blood sausage (boudin noir) I've ever eaten. Even if you don't like boudin noir, you should order it - trust me! I love this photo of the...
156 Rue de Créqui, 69003 Lyon, France
This odd-looking blimp is actually a quenelle de brochet, one of the quintessential foods of Lyon. They're big dumplings made out of pike fish, covered in Sauce Nantua, a classic French sauce made with crayfish. Daniel et Denise, owned by an...
23 Rue Jean Larrivé, 69003 Lyon, France
Best frites (aka French fries) EVER. They were hand-cut by the 87-year old owner, Madame Giraud. I wrote about her in my AFAR article about Lyon's bouchons. These frites were pure heaven paired with Madame's steak with brown butter. (Yes, I did...
9 Rue Major Martin, 69001 Lyon, France
Yves Rivoiron, the owner of this classic bouchon, is a real character. I had lunch with him for my AFAR story about Lyon Bouchons. This is what he ordered: Tablier de Sapeur (fireman's apron) or fried tripe. It's a bouchon classic. Like many...
7 Rue du Garet, 69001 Lyon, France
This is my favorite bouchon interior. Here's what owner Emmanuel Ferra said when I interviewed him for my article in AFAR: “Ah! The decor is very special! We change nothing! Over the years, different bosses added another decoration, and another...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall