Foods of the world
Collected by Anette Falkner
Skopje 1000, Macedonia (FYROM)
Old Bazar is located in the center of Skopje on the left side of the river Vardar. The Old Bazaar is the largest bazaar in the Balkans (outside Istanbul). It’s from the 12th century, and under the Ottomans Empire it reached its peak. Today is...
Av Benito Juárez Mz 217 Lt2, Ejidal, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Named after the mythical Alux drawn from Maya lore, this unusual restaurant is located inside a naturally formed cave. According to legend, Aluxes are the guardians of property and only appear at night. Born in the moonlight, they seek magical...
Calle Quinta Avenida, Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Playa del Carmen’s winning charm emerges all along this wide pedestrian avenue, which runs parallel to the beach. Eateries here include everything from cheap fast food like Pizza Piazza to upscale restaurants such as Frida Kahlo or La Casa...
Muna, Bigas, 3510, Viseu, Viseu, Lordosa, 3515-775 Viseu, Portugal
This restaurant on the outskirts of Viseu features the traditional foods of Beira Alta, primarily game. Not being a fancier of most wild meats, I went with some trepidation. I need not have worried, as these folks know what they are doing! This is...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked