Foods of the world
Collected by Anette Falkner
Skopje 1000, Macedonia (FYROM)
Old Bazar is located in the center of Skopje on the left side of the river Vardar. The Old Bazaar is the largest bazaar in the Balkans (outside Istanbul). It’s from the 12th century, and under the Ottomans Empire it reached its peak. Today is...
Av. Juárez Mza. 217, Ejidal, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Named after the mythical Alux drawn from Maya lore, this unusual restaurant is located inside a naturally formed cave. According to legend, Aluxes are the guardians of property and only appear at night. Born in the moonlight, they seek magical...
Calle Quinta Avenida, Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Playa del Carmen’s winning charm emerges all along this wide pedestrian avenue, which runs parallel to the beach. Eateries here include everything from cheap fast food like Pizza Piazza to upscale restaurants such as Frida Kahlo or La Casa...
Muna, Bigas, 3510, Viseu, Viseu, Lordosa, 3515-775 Viseu, Portugal
This restaurant on the outskirts of Viseu features the traditional foods of Beira Alta, primarily game. Not being a fancier of most wild meats, I went with some trepidation. I need not have worried, as these folks know what they are doing! This is...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now