Foods of the world
Collected by Anette Falkner
Skopje 1000, Macedonia (FYROM)
Old Bazar is located in the center of Skopje on the left side of the river Vardar. The Old Bazaar is the largest bazaar in the Balkans (outside Istanbul). It’s from the 12th century, and under the Ottomans Empire it reached its peak. Today is...
Av Benito Juárez Mz 217 Lt2, Ejidal, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Named after the mythical Alux drawn from Maya lore, this unusual restaurant is located inside a naturally formed cave. According to legend, Aluxes are the guardians of property and only appear at night. Born in the moonlight, they seek magical...
Calle Quinta Avenida, Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
A favorite with locals and tourists alike, this is the place for delicious down-home Mexican food. The 33 main dishes are drawn from the culinary traditions of 33 Mexican cities, assuring a true taste of this interesting country. Favorites include...
Muna, Bigas, 3510, Viseu, Viseu, Lordosa, 3515-775 Viseu, Portugal
This restaurant on the outskirts of Viseu features the traditional foods of Beira Alta, primarily game. Not being a fancier of most wild meats, I went with some trepidation. I need not have worried, as these folks know what they are doing! This is...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign