Collected by Evan Koff
Piazza della Repubblica, 4, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
The rooftop terrace bar of the smart Rinascente department store offers some of the most stunning views in the city and the in-your-face views of the Duomo from up here really help to put Brunelleschi's monumental creation into perspective. It...
Piazza della Repubblica, 35/r, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Paszkowski's historic interior was originally founded in 1848 in what is now Piazza della Repubblica in the center of Florence. A great place to stop for a hot chocolate, espresso, or one of the cafe's beautiful sweet treats, Paszkowski not only...
Via del Corso, 36r, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
One drop of the creamy "cocchino" coffee and I'm hooked--a velvety mix of strawberry & balsamic whipped cream topped with shavings of coconut hides the earthy, bitter taste of the espresso shot lurking at the bottom of my glass. I take my spoon...
Piazza di San Giovanni, 19/R, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
This café is the embodiment of tradition and style, equivalent to Gamberini in Bologna. The classy wood boarding, beautiful decoration, and staff in traditional dress transport you back to the old days. You have to pay first at the cashier (which...
Via Roma, 1r, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Piazza della Repubblica in central Florence has three of the city's most historic cafes. Gilli is one of them, and when you walk in, you feel like you are entering a piece of the city's history. The cafe was founded in 1733 but moved to its...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December