Collected by Lindsay Hall
Via dei Tavolini, 19r, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
On a cool night in November, walking alone from an outdoor food market in the center of Florence, I decided to indulge my sweet tooth yet again. I stopped for a "snack," one that I would never eat just before dinner back home yet couldn't get...
Piazza Pitti, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Giardino di Boboli or Boboli gradens, is located a walking distance from Palazzo Pitti, in Oltrano area in Florence. The gardens, created by the Medici family, are dotted with beautiful sculpture that includes some ancient Roman figures, and some...
Borgo degli Albizi, 11r, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
If you love gelato and chocolate, no place will romance you quite like Vestri. Before you know what's inside, you'll be drawn in by the antique and elegant exterior and by the shiny packages peeking out. Inside, the small shop's allure consists of...
Via Ricasoli, 58/60, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
If you have time to see just one piece of art, make it David. Carved in 1501-4 from a single piece of milky-white Carrara marble, Michelangelo’s magnificent statue, an icon of power and wealth, originally stood in Piazza della Signoria, but...
Via Lambertesca, 18/r, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
You can’t visit Florence without indulging in ice cream once at the very least, but it’s not so easy to find the real deal. Carapina, gelateria of choice for cognoscenti (but often overlooked by tourists), is located a stone’s throw from the Ponte...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019