Collected by James-Faride Healey
Lungarno degli Archibusieri, 8/r, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
There are few better places from which to enjoy river views and sunsets than the Ponte Vecchio, built in 1345. Spanning the Arno's narrowest point, this is the only bridge to have survived the German bombing of the city in 1944. There have always...
Via di Campestri, 19/22, 50039 Vicchio di Mugello FI, Italy
The olive reigns at Villa Campestri, a Renaissance villa built around a 13th-century fort. Activities include grove tours, oil tastings, seasonal cooking classes, and olive oil massages. The restaurant L’Olivaia serves farm-fresh Tuscan food with...
Via S. Zanobi, 33, 50129 Firenze FI, Italy
6 Lungarno Corsini, 50123 Florence FI, Italy
Escaping the crowds around Florence Cathedral one afternoon, I decided to wander along the Arno River and was rewarded with stunning views from the water's reflection. The picture highlights not only the clear, nearly symmetrical reflection cast...
Piazza Santo Spirito, 16/R, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
I love Florence: it's one of my favorite cities in Italy and in the world. But, the downside is that it can get ridiculously crowded. In fact, the last time I visited it was so crowded on the 'main side' of Florence, where the Duomo and all of the...
- 1Travel NewsThe Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Travelers
- 2Air TravelDelta Just Made Its Economy Seats Bigger
- 3Travel NewsAmsterdam’s Tiny Bridge Houses Are Now One-of-a-Kind Hotel Suites
- 4Where to Go in SummerThe Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Summer
- 5Travel NewsYou Could Be Denied a Passport if You Have Unpaid Taxes