Fleuve et Chemin - Dordogne
Collected by AFAR Explorer
Les Granges, 24260 Le Bugue, France
There is nothing better than exploring the French countryside to escape the stressing mess of a big city. And this what we needed when we decided to head to Dordogne, but what we found was beyond any expectations! The region is well known for its...
24200 Sarlat-la-Canéda, France
Sarlat is a picturesque medieval town located in the heart of France, and although it is one of the most beautifully restored and preserved towns representative of 14th century France, or Europe for that matter, due to its isolated location, it...
46200 Souillac, France
Trade the car for a kayak in Souillac and float down the Dordogne. Then get ready to eat. We still fantasize about the foie gras from Château de la Treyne, a Michelin-starred castle where, if you get too buzzed on regional Cabernet, you can rent a...
Grab a map and draw your own path, starting in the town of Bordeaux. See that area to the right, between the parallel Dordogne and Lot rivers? Stay within the borders of this area where authentic food reigns. Tips from the pros: The driving can be...
Place de la Mairie 1, 24620 Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil, France
Loved by many; found by few. An excursion from the dock into the countryside to a truffle farm is a great experience. The European tradition of truffle hunting is an active adventure for those wanting to find the elusive gourmet fungus, which are...
- 1 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States