Fleuve et Chemin - Dordogne
Collected by AFAR Explorer
Les Granges, 24260 Le Bugue, France
There is nothing better than exploring the French countryside to escape the stressing mess of a big city. And this what we needed when we decided to head to Dordogne, but what we found was beyond any expectations! The region is well known for its...
24200 Sarlat-la-Canéda, France
Sarlat is a picturesque medieval town located in the heart of France, and although it is one of the most beautifully restored and preserved towns representative of 14th century France, or Europe for that matter, due to its isolated location, it...
46200 Souillac, France
Trade the car for a kayak in Souillac and float down the Dordogne. Then get ready to eat. We still fantasize about the foie gras from Château de la Treyne, a Michelin-starred castle where, if you get too buzzed on regional Cabernet, you can rent a...
Grab a map and draw your own path, starting in the town of Bordeaux. See that area to the right, between the parallel Dordogne and Lot rivers? Stay within the borders of this area where authentic food reigns. Tips from the pros: The driving can be...
Place de la Mairie 1, 24620 Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil, France
Loved by many; found by few. An excursion from the dock into the countryside to a truffle farm is a great experience. The European tradition of truffle hunting is an active adventure for those wanting to find the elusive gourmet fungus, which are...
- 1 Travel Tips The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 2 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 3 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing
- 4 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 5 National Parks The Ideal Road Trip Through U.S. Canyon Country