First time in Lisbon!
Collected by Ruddy Harootian, AFAR Local Expert
The discovery of a new destination brings out the explorer in all of us. Lisbon was charming and metropolitan. I can't wait to return.
I didn’t really know what to expect once I hit Lisbon. The entire time I was in Spain I kept trying to imagine what it would be like. Don’t get me wrong, I know a bit about Portugal for work purposes, but since I had never seen it for myself it...
Pátio de Dom Fradique 14, 1100-624 Lisboa, Portugal
Palacio Belmonte is a masterpiece—the type of architectural stunner that is said to be ‘mumbling beauty’ in every one of its corners. Every piece of material used to restore it, as well as every piece of furniture inside of it (like these blue...
Av. Almirante Reis nº1 - H, 1150-007 Lisboa, 1150-007 Lisboa, Portugal
Simply put, Ramiro is the best seafood restaurant Lisbon. It is a 100% local customer based and long established “Cervejaria” (literally translated to place where beer is dispensed), with an buzzing ambience and above all, very high quality cooked...
Praça do Príncipe Real 26, 1250-184 Lisboa, Portugal
The more I travel the pickier I get about what trinkets and souvenirs I bring back home. After 10 years of traveling I feel like I’m finally getting the hang of it. On this most recent trip to Lisbon I didn’t buy much. The best way to spend your...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter