Fire, Ice, & the Faroes
Collected by Deborah Miller
Highlights from my trip to Iceland, Greenland, and the Faroe Islands
Vestmanna, Faroe Islands
You can't go to the Faroe Islands without taking a boat trip out to the famous Bird Cliffs. Puffins are the most common bird seen, although sometimes some others make an appearance as well. Go to Vestmanna and get a ticket for one of the several...
Dalavegur 20, Gjógv FO-476, Gjogv, Faroe Islands
Gjáargarður is the coolest guesthouse I've ever stayed at. The owner is friendly, helpful, and willing to do just about anything to make your stay more enjoyable. The building itself is a bit of a maze, but in a good way. You never know what...
Tórshavn, Faroe Islands
Tórshavn is the colorful capital city of the Faroe Islands. The waterfront area is beautiful and the colors of the buildings make it seem bright and cheery, even despite the fog, clouds, and rain that typically cover the islands. While Tórshavn...
2, Miðvangur, Egilsstaðir, Iceland
I was traveling around Iceland for a few weeks and had spent one particularly long day rewarded by breathtaking scenes along the road, impromptu hikes, and finally ended with dinner at this local bistro just down the street from the hotel I was...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now