Collected by Mary Kate Roberts
Töölö, Helsinki, Finland
Rent a bike and grab Helsinki's bike pathways map to create a custom tour. There are a few major loops and many junctures to jump from one loop to the other (i.e.,'green loop', 'town loop', etc..) Plan to be out for a couple of hours. The ride is...
Sveaborg, 00190 Helsingfors, Finland
A popular excursion for both locals and visitors, Suomenlinna, a fortress built across a group of islands in Helsinki’s harbor, is just a short ferry or water-bus ride from the city center. Begun in 1748 and now a UNESCO World Heritage Site,...
Pohjoisesplanadi, Helsinki, Finland
At midnight in June and July, Helsinki glows. Here, AFAR's founders stroll the Esplanadi, a grassy park and cobblestone walkways bordered by two avenues in the heart of the city, after a dinner at Restaurant Gaijin (www.gaijin.fi). In the day,...
00170 Helsinki, Finland
Helsinki is the dynamic capital and largest city in the beautiful, Scandinavian country of Finland. Since it's on the shore of the Gulf of Finland (an arm of the Baltic Sea) the sky offers up some dramatic backdrops for the splendid architecture...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map