Fine Dining in London
Collected by Emma John, AFAR Local Expert
Sometimes, you just want to treat yourself (or someone else). And sometimes, only the best will do. These restaurants offer the best of modern British cuisine.
1 Upper James St, Soho, London W1F 9DF, UK
People often talk about London in disparaging terms when it comes to food. It's not entirely inaccurate. Yet, it's unfair to take it as a rule. At Bob Bob Ricard, in Soho, it's as if they've taken it as their personal mission to prove the...
66-70 Brewer St, Soho, London W1F 9UP, UK
Mark Hix is arguably the hottest chef in Britain, and his signature restaurant in Soho is a very cool place to eat. The food, meanwhile, is rich, comforting, very meaty, and, as they say, reassuringly expensive. Mark's bar, downstairs, is a...
160 Piccadilly, St. James's, London W1J 9EB, UK
It's pronounced "Wool-zee," and it's a former showroom for the smart old cars that bear its name. Now a restaurant, it's been restored to its original 1930s glamour with a gorgeous art deco slant. If you want a true taste of old Mayfair and St...
Oxo Tower Wharf, Barge House St, South Bank, London SE1 9PH, UK
Why would an afternoon tea not offer... tea? Or cucumber sandwiches? Because this is London, the city where the only rule is originality. The OXO Brasserie, on the top floor of the iconic South Bank building, offers a one-of-a-kind afternoon tea...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Air Travel TSA PreCheck Members, Get Ready to Start Using Facial Recognition
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December