Collected by Bonny Boatman
Queens Rd, Yadua, Fiji
Fiji's first national park, these dunes rise up from the ocean in undulating shapes that make for great photo ops. But more than that, they're home to 22 species of birds, as well as an ancient burial site dating to about 2,600 years ago. Pottery,...
Down and dirty fun can be found at this series of mud pools and hot springs. Don't expect fancy, though, because this is a basic experience with a simple toilet and changing room. But it's definitely memorable. Kids (young and old) will no doubt...
Lot 1 ND5046 Andrews Rd Nadi, Andrews Rd, Nadi, Fiji
The traditional Fijian feast starts with digging a pit. Then leaves and hot rocks are added. More layers of leaves, and then vegetables and meats are layered in, with more leaves and hot rocks. The entire thing is covered over with dirt or sand...
Denarau Island North, Fiji
Drinking kava is woven into Fijian society, with kava ceremonies holding great importance. You might encounter a simple ceremony in a shop or informal hotel gathering, but bigger ceremonies are part of social, political, and religious life. Kava...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 4 Travel News Which State You Live in Says a Lot About Where You Like to Travel
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos