Collected by Liz Walker
Harris Rd, Suva, Fiji
A seasonal delicacy, nama is best likened to seaweed caviar. The texture of the tiny brine-filled pearls is similar to salmon roe, clustered along a seaweed stalk. Eaten with sugar and chili, they make a tasty snack at the Suva market. Here they...
I hesitated before booking a resort in Fiji rather than running off to somewhere "local" to absorb the cultural part of Fiji, but I was happy to find that even my resort drew in bits of culture like this fern tree carved statue. These faces of...
Denarau Island, Fiji
Flavours of Fiji Cooking School offers a tasty break from the beach, with classes that include "Fijian Feasts," "Indian Thali," and "Tropical Sweets," plus special kids' classes. The half-day courses are limited to 10 or 12 students, and showcase...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022