Collected by Courtney Stull
You might be surprised to see so many Indians in Fiji. Many arrived as indentured servants between 1879 and 1916, brought by the British to work on sugar cane plantations. Today, people of Indian heritage make up about 40% of the population. This...
Sometimes, you just need to buy a good war club. Or local black pearls, if you happen to be a lover, not a fighter. Nadi Handicraft Centre is a one-stop destination for quality handicrafts without the hassle of haggling. They also sell clothing,...
Queen Street, Nadi, Nadi, Fiji
Saturdays at noon, the Fiji Military Forces Band struts its stuff on Main Street near Queens road. It's equal parts marching band and Fijian fun, with members sporting white sarongs with jagged hems. The band participates in military tattoos...
Martintar, Nadi, Fiji
If you want a bar frequented by tourists and expats, try Cardo's Upstairs, Hamburg Bar or the Bounty. If you want to get a bit more into local culture, join a mix of patrons at Ed's. Arrive early if you want an outside seat; head inside to play...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village