Collected by Jen Thomson
Quartier des Tanneurs, Fès 30000, Morocco
The dyeing vats at Chouara—as well as at the city’s other tanneries—are among the Fes medina’s most iconic sights. The ancient craft of tanning and dyeing, in all its visceral authenticity (cow urine and pigeon poop are...
116 Derb Lhammam, Mouassine, Medina, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
Depending on how you feel on a given day, the souq can be one of the most exciting, crazed, interesting, or even frustrating experiences in any Moroccan city. Heading out early one morning to do some sightseeing, though, I found most of the...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 4 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022