Collected by tww
3400 W Girard Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Like many other Philly institutions, the Philadelphia Zoo is America’s first. It opened in 1874 and encompasses over 40 acres of gardens and exhibits, featuring more than 1,300 animals, including many rare and endangered species. Visitors may need...
1900 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, PA 19103, USA
This was my favorite museum as a kid, and since I never really grew up, it's still my favorite. It is the oldest natural history museum in the Americas. Founded in 1812, the Academy moved into its current building on Logan Circle in 1876 after its...
1100 S 2nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19147, USA
The Mummers have been parading down Philadelphia's streets since the beginning of the 20th century. A New Year's Day tradition, teams of Mummers dress up in costume and dance down Broad Street all the way to city hall. The Mummers Museum, located...
520 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA
Standing in line on a cold winter's day waiting to tour Independence Hall can make one wonder if it's worth it. But once inside you will realize that it is. The most cynical among us can't help but be moved once inside. The guides know their...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019