Favorite Green Spaces Near Nashville
Collected by Jennifer Justus, AFAR Local Expert
Step away from the sounds of the city to listen to nature’s music at these green spaces.
50 Vaughn Rd, Nashville, TN 37221, USA
Edwin and Percy Warner Parks -- collectively known as the Warner Parks -- include more than 2,600 acres as the largest municipally administered parks in Tennessee. Located just nine miles from downtown Nashville, the parks include a Nature Center,...
4206, 1200 Forrest Park Dr, Nashville, TN 37205, United States
"Light," an installation by artist Bruce Munro, opened at Cheekwood Art & Gardens in Nashville, Tennessee, in May 2013, and ran till November. The collection of light-based art pieces wound through the Cheekwood gardens, open late on Wednesdays,...
Radnor Lake, Oak Hill, TN 37027, USA
Once on a trip to this wooded park by tranquil Radnor Lake, I spotted an owl, three wild turkeys, two deer and musician Peter Frampton, who had just moved back to town. Only in Nashville. This popular park is located in Davidson Country just south...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Exceptional Travel Experiences The Ideal Iceland May Only Exist in Your Mind