Favorite Gardens Around the World
Collected by John Newton , AFAR Contributor
Via Pier Antonio Micheli, 3, 50121 Firenze FI, Italy
Florence abounds with historic sites, world-class art, and of course many tourists. What it doesn't have as much of, especially in its historic heart, is green spaces with the notable exception of the Boboli Gardens of the Pitti Palace. Even...
86 Cañada Road, Woodside, CA 94062, USA
The house and gardens at Filoli, in Woodside, may look familiar. They played a central role in films including Harold & Maude and Heaven Can Wait; on the small screen, the house appeared in the opening credits of Dynasty. It's easy to understand...
Piazza Pitti, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
381 N Broadway, Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591, USA
The 40-room John D. Rockefeller estate is sometimes described as being modest compared to other Gilded Age mansions on the Hudson. While it is true that it doesn't have the same over-the-top quality of the Vanderbilt mansion, it does have one...
Sockenvägen, 122 33 Stockholm, Sweden
Designed by Gunnar Asplund, one of the big names of 20th-century Swedish architecture, this beautiful graveyard is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the final resting place of actress Greta Garbo. A wonderfully peaceful combination of great...
Øster Voldgade 4A, 1350 København, Denmark
The 17th-century castle in the middle of modern Copenhagen is one of those things that gives the city its fairy-tale quality, along with the famous Little Mermaid and the dragons that adorn many buildings. Rosenborg Castle sits, however, in...
- 1 Travel News “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 2 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 3 National Parks California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 4 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- 5 Travel Tips How to Get the Best Last-Minute Travel Deals