Collected by Derek Butcher, AFAR Staff
For a solo backpacker in Kazakhstan, the idea of traveling is a strange experience. When one goes to Rome, Egypt or even Japan most people have an idea of the sites, cultures and people they will interact with, but Kazakhstan can be a bit of a...
Loja, 43, Dos Mercados Municipais, Av. 5 De Outubro, Olhão, Faro, 8700-148 Olhão, Portugal
One quote called Olhão "the town of many faces." It is a fishing village with bayfront produce/fish markets in the heart of town. The pedestrian cobblestone streets in the heart of Old Town are a highlight, as is the palm-lined promenade along the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village