Collected by Maddy Kessler
Domaine de Lébioles 1/5, 4900 Spa, Belgium
The Manior de Lebioles is a true gem located in the Wallonia Region of Belgium. During my most recent trip to Europe I had the opportunity to stay at this magnificent place. Just about 10 minutes from downtown Spa and about an hour away from Liege...
Maison Collard’s claim to fame is a cookie so hard they have to print a warning on it. Legend has it, during the great siege of 1466, the people of Dinant were starving and had only two things at their disposal: flour and honey. They made these...
Place Reine Astrid 3, 5500 Dinant, Belgium
The citadel in Namur has an interesting history. As a matter of fact there was always some type of structure on the cliff tops overlooking the Meuse River and Dinant. You can walk up as there are stairs, but the best option would be to take the...
Rue Adolphe Sax, 5500 Dinant, Belgium
Face it: what would jazz be without the saxophone? And where would the saxophone be without Adolphe Sax? Well, there wouldn't be a sax because Mr. Sax from the town of Dinant invented it. Today the town celebrates him like you wouldn't believe....
Rue de la Station 4, 5500 Dinant, Belgium
Lieutenant Charles de Gaulle was injured on this bridge in the town of Dinant during the War to End All Wars (WWI) and the town was almost completely destroyed. Today Dinant is a more peaceful place with a lot of history. The locals love their...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May