The plants found on Tabuaeran are typical of those throughout the islands of Kiribati: a variety of shrubs, coconut palms and bwabwai (swamp taro), the major staple in the diet of residents. Copra, the meat of the coconut, forms an important...
Shopping opportunities, like dining ones, are limited on Tabuaeran. If you are looking for South Pacific handicrafts, however, you'll be able to find everything from wood carvings and shell jewelry to grass skirts and woven baskets. Many of the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village