The plants found on Tabuaeran are typical of those throughout the islands of Kiribati: a variety of shrubs, coconut palms and bwabwai (swamp taro), the major staple in the diet of residents. Copra, the meat of the coconut, forms an important...
Shopping opportunities, like dining ones, are limited on Tabuaeran. If you are looking for South Pacific handicrafts, however, you'll be able to find everything from wood carvings and shell jewelry to grass skirts and woven baskets. Many of the...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022