Family vacay 17
Collected by AFAR Explorer
Ranchester, WY, USA
That the Mountain West is a haven for archaeological and paleontological discovery is no secret – some of the most awesome dinosaur and ancient mammal species ever uncovered from the earth have been dug up in Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, and...
Afton, WY 83110, USA
You never do know what you’ll find on the road – even right in your own backyard. Afton, Wyoming, is only a few hundred miles from my town of Sheridan, Wyoming, but this was my first visit to this beautiful little pocket of Wyoming’s southwest. I...
12151 Ave of the Chiefs, Crazy Horse, SD 57730, USA
Two weekends a year, one in the spring and one in the fall, the annual Volksmarch is held, where visitors are allowed to hike to the worlds largest mountain carving in progress. The hike is an organized event, much like a 10k run, where an...
Black Elk Peak, Mount Rushmore UT, SD 57751, USA
At 7242 ft, Harney Peak is the highest point in the U.S. east of the Rockies. You must bag this peak! The historical fire lookout atop the peak is a must see. 360-degree views await. Use the old iron "windows" to frame your photos of the beautiful...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December