Family time in Indonesia
Collected by onnalee macdonald, AFAR Staff
Venturing to the far east with teenagers calls for Adventure, Culture, and time to chill.
Everything about this hotel, from its beachfront locale to the sweeping terraces and sliding-glass doors, is aimed at maximizing views of Bali’s most sought-after shoreline. Local stone and wood put an Indonesian twist on the resort’s...
Kuta Poleng Complex Block C/2 80361, Indonesia
Founded by a surfer in search of the perfect wave, Nihiwatu is a model of sustainable luxury. The resort’s remote location on the jungle-edged coast of Sumba Island lures travelers looking for true escape and the hedonistic pleasures of private,...
Pecatu, South Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali, Indonesia
Check out the dramatic and entertaining Kecak Fire dance at the Uluwatu temple. First you can enjoy a spectacular sunset from the clifftop, perched high above the sea, the temple has many monkeys wandering about (watch your sunglasses), and the...
Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
Spending an early morning with our family in the monkey forest was a nice way to avoid the crowds, and have fun observing the monkeys. We enjoyed exploring this amazing nature reserve and shoot some family pictures given the lovely morning light.
- 1 Travel News There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now