Family time in Indonesia
Collected by onnalee macdonald, AFAR Staff
Venturing to the far east with teenagers calls for Adventure, Culture, and time to chill.
Everything about this hotel, from its beachfront locale to the sweeping terraces and sliding-glass doors, is aimed at maximizing views of Bali’s most sought-after shoreline. Local stone and wood put an Indonesian twist on the resort’s...
Hoba Wawi, Wanokaka, West Sumba Regency, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Founded by a surfer in search of the perfect wave, Nihiwatu is a model of sustainable luxury. The resort’s remote location on the jungle-edged coast of Sumba Island lures travelers looking for true escape and the hedonistic pleasures of private,...
Pecatu, South Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali, Indonesia
Check out the dramatic and entertaining Kecak Fire dance at the Uluwatu temple. First you can enjoy a spectacular sunset from the clifftop, perched high above the sea, the temple has many monkeys wandering about (watch your sunglasses), and the...
Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
Spending an early morning with our family in the monkey forest was a nice way to avoid the crowds, and have fun observing the monkeys. We enjoyed exploring this amazing nature reserve and shoot some family pictures given the lovely morning light.
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos