Family friendly Nicaragua
Collected by Bryan Kinkade , AFAR Staff
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Dense jungles and white-sand beaches have turned a 30-mile stretch of Pacific shoreline into a hot spot among in-the-know wellness seekers. Located north of the beach town San Juan del Sur, the Emerald Coast began attracting yogis with resorts...
Playa Gigante, Nicaragua
Playa Gigante’s quite bay harbors old school pangas from the fishing families that inhabit this charming village. The coastline features small hostels, two surf camps, and a handful of restaurants that serve up fresh caught fish and local produce....
The Masaya Volcano National Park includes two volcanoes, five craters, a fun little visitor center and miles of great hiking and biking. The eruptions over the years have had a dramatic impact on the surroundings with rocks and volcanic ash...
Playa Maderas Maderas, Nicaragua
We had an unforgettable experience staying at Buena Vista Surf Club, while visiting San Juan del Sur. The eco-lodge is set into a hill overlooking the jungle and Playa Maderas with a giant sundeck where guests could enjoy the view. It was a great...
Calle Kevin, San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
I loved it here! There is one place at Playa Hermosa to stay.. Just one and its here. The beach is super mellow, pristine and feels far away from the riff-raff of SJDS. The food is fantastic, (pancakes!) and the break is perfect for learning. It's...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May