Family friendly Nicaragua
Collected by Bryan Kinkade , AFAR Staff
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Dense jungles and white-sand beaches have turned a 30-mile stretch of Pacific shoreline into a hot spot among in-the-know wellness seekers. Located north of the beach town San Juan del Sur, the Emerald Coast began attracting yogis with resorts...
Playa Gigante, Nicaragua
Playa Gigante’s quite bay harbors old school pangas from the fishing families that inhabit this charming village. The coastline features small hostels, two surf camps, and a handful of restaurants that serve up fresh caught fish and local produce....
The Masaya Volcano National Park includes two volcanoes, five craters, a fun little visitor center and miles of great hiking and biking. The eruptions over the years have had a dramatic impact on the surroundings with rocks and volcanic ash...
Playa Maderas Maderas, Nicaragua
We had an unforgettable experience staying at Buena Vista Surf Club, while visiting San Juan del Sur. The eco-lodge is set into a hill overlooking the jungle and Playa Maderas with a giant sundeck where guests could enjoy the view. It was a great...
Calle Kevin, San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
I loved it here! There is one place at Playa Hermosa to stay.. Just one and its here. The beach is super mellow, pristine and feels far away from the riff-raff of SJDS. The food is fantastic, (pancakes!) and the break is perfect for learning. It's...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum