Collected by Kareem Yasin, AFAR Contributor
One of many, many dilapidated cathedrals in northern Cyprus. Most of theme were built by the Venetians when they ruled the island, and then converted to Greek-Orthodox churches under Ottoman rule. Unfortunately, the authorities there aren't doing...
Arch Makarios Avenue 12, Platres 4820
In Kemal Square, Famagusta - the largest city in northern Cyprus - sits the most awkwardly named mosque in the world. Officially the Lala Mustafa Pasha Mosque, this converted cathedral is labelled on a lot of street signs as 'St. Nicholas Mosque'....
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet