Fabulous San Antonio
Collected by Farah Fleurima, AFAR Local Expert
306 Pearl Pkwy #101, San Antonio, TX 78215, USA
Inspired by his time in New Orleans, Chef Steve McHugh brought to San Antonio a vision of a modern, welcoming spot with a killer charcuterie program, and that vision became his buzzy restaurant, Cured. Opened in late 2013 and having survived an...
152 E Pecan St #100, San Antonio, TX 78205, USA
Tucked into a quiet corner overlooking the River Walk, Restaurant Gwendolyn is one of San Antonio’s dining treasures. Here, ingredients are sourced within a 150-mile radius of the restaurant and prepared using old-school techniques like...
155 E Commerce St, San Antonio, TX 78205, USA
When a place has not only the longest wooden bar in Texas (100+ feet) and is the oldest watering hole on the Riverwalk, you just know it's worth a visit. But rather than rest on the above laurels, Esquire Tavern churns out some terrific and...
150 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205, USA
Located inside downtown SA's gorgeous Hotel Valencia, Citrus boasts modern, expertly prepared continental cuisine with global -- mainly Spanish -- touches. My dinner here was delectable and light, with small plates among my favorite items. Not to...
229 E Houston St #10, San Antonio, TX 78205, USA
This downtown craft cocktail den is the latest bar-lounge situation from leading mixology master Jeret Pena (The Brooklynite) and serves up exquisite mixed drinks in a handsome environment a flight under Houston Street. Don't let the clubby decor...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles