Collected by Emily Chu, AFAR Local Expert
Tul Il-Kosta, Naxxar 9038, Malta
If you've always dreamed of swimming with dolphins, here's your chance. Sign up for the program at Mediterraneo Marine Park (it's recommended that you make a reservation ahead of your visit), where you can swim with Black Sea dolphins and say...
36 Old Treasury Street,, Valletta, Malta
As one of the last pieces of architecture commissioned by the Knights of Malta before fleeing, the National Library, or Bibliotheca, is a reference library containing old manuscripts, historical documents, newspapers, and rare bound books. Bring...
65 San Duminku, Tas-Sliema, Malta
Soap Cafe's handmade soap, lotions, balms, and scrubs are all toxin-free. Owner Charlene's handmade skincare products include Chamomile & Lavender and Honey & Goat's milk soaps and Shea Bath Bombs, all created using natural ingredients found along...
History buffs can meander down staircases and passageways and into the former Malta WWII operations base, the Lascaris War Rooms. Located below the Upper Barrakka Gardens, the restored chambers and tunnels of the then-secret complex now contain...
292 Triq Sant' Orsla, Il-Belt Valletta, Malta
Head to the Upper Barrakka Gardens for sweeping panoramic views of the Grand Harbour. From this vantage point you can also spot the old towns of Senglea and Vittoriosa, and the shipyards below. You'll encounter the Saluting Battery, where daily...
Ta' Xbiex, Malta
The annual Valetta Boat Show graces the Maltese harbor each year around November. With exhibitions of the latest international yachting gear, impressive fleets on display, and cocktail celebrations, this event has been drawing boat-lovers from...
- 1 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States