Collected by Clare Olivares , AFAR Local Expert
Katelijnestraat 5, 8000 Brugge, Belgium
When in Belgium, make sure to try not only the famous chocolates, but also the hot chocolate! During a tour of Bruges, we became so enchanted with the medieval city that we decided to sneak away from our tour group and explore on our own—and I'm...
Across the street from the Sint-Salvatorskathedraal (St. Salvator Cathedral) you'll find this little shop that serves traditional belgian fries, brochettes, croquettes, fish sandwiches, and grilled meats on a stick. Grab your food and a Belgian...
N455 16, 9980 Sint-Laureins, Belgium
Prestige Tea Room is a lovely patisserie and café in the heart of Brugge. You pass through a chocolate and patisserie counter before entering the tearoom which has a lovely old world feel. It is elegantly decorated with sconces, painted cherubs...
Fernand Scribedreef 1, 9000 Gent, Belgium
In Ghent's MSK you'll find a wonderful collection of Flemish art including works by Hieronymus Bosch and James Ensor. Here I discovered the wonderful paintings of Belgian painters Emile Claus and Théo Van Rysselberghe. The main goal of the museum...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May