Collected by Clare Olivares , AFAR Local Expert
Katelijnestraat 5, 8000 Brugge, Belgium
When in Belgium, make sure to try not only the famous chocolates, but also the hot chocolate! During a tour of Bruges, we became so enchanted with the medieval city that we decided to sneak away from our tour group and explore on our own—and I'm...
Across the street from the Sint-Salvatorskathedraal (St. Salvator Cathedral) you'll find this little shop that serves traditional belgian fries, brochettes, croquettes, fish sandwiches, and grilled meats on a stick. Grab your food and a Belgian...
N455 16, 9980 Sint-Laureins, Belgium
Prestige Tea Room is a lovely patisserie and café in the heart of Brugge. You pass through a chocolate and patisserie counter before entering the tearoom which has a lovely old world feel. It is elegantly decorated with sconces, painted cherubs...
Fernand Scribedreef 1, 9000 Gent, Belgium
In Ghent's MSK you'll find a wonderful collection of Flemish art including works by Hieronymus Bosch and James Ensor. Here I discovered the wonderful paintings of Belgian painters Emile Claus and Théo Van Rysselberghe. The main goal of the museum...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019