Collected by Katherine Kneier, AFAR Staff
Nieuwezijds Kolk 19, 1012 PV Amsterdam, Netherlands
Biking through the streets of Amsterdam is a must. It is such a great way to explore the city and how all the locals get from place to place. I rented bikes from a place called Hotel Scooter--they rent both Vespas and Bikes. The service here is...
Leidseplein 31, 1016 XX Amsterdam, Netherlands
I am a big fan MINI and while I was biking the streets of Amsterdam I spotted a "MINI Brand Store"...they didn't sell cars but all the MINI accessories you might want from stuffed bulldogs to tee-shirts and even bikes! After doing some additional...
Prinsengracht 315, 1016 GZ Amsterdam, Netherlands
One could argue that the Pulitzer Amsterdam isn’t actually one hotel. Before 1960, each of its 25 buildings was an individual, 17th- or 18th-century merchant canal house. Painstaking renovations over the years have guaranteed that each room...
Westerstraat 30, 1015 DB Amsterdam, Netherlands
While walking the streets of Amsterdam I stumbled on this great local cafe that has "Boca's" (aka small tapas like sandwiches). There were lots of options from sweet to savory to choose + a great beer and wine selection. It is a perfect place for...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna