Explore Taiwan 2014
Collected by Mona Dizon
No. 221, Sec 2, Zhi Shan Rd, Shilin District, Taipei City, Taiwan 111
When Chiang Kai-shek fled mainland China for Taiwan, he took with him many of the treasures that at one time were featured in Beijing’s Palace Museum. Among the items are relics and antiques reflecting 8,000 years of Chinese history. Today the...
11656, Taiwan, Taipei City, Wenshan District, 新光路2段32號
Maokong 貓空 is a mountain of sorts, a tourist attraction located in Taipei's Wenshan District. It's popular with visitors due to its stunning views and fields which yield famous tea. The top of Maokong is connected with a gondola station which...
No. 162號, Section 1, Heping East Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, Taiwan 106
Located near National Taiwan Normal University, the Shi-Da Night Market is said to exist in one of the most "trendy" areas of Taipei. The market has downsized in recent years due to rezoning, but is known for its variety of delectable Taiwanese...
No. 39號, Chang'an West Road, Datong District, Taipei City, Taiwan 103
When my mountain biking plans were rained out, I had to find something else to do, so I decided to check out Taipei's Museum of Contemporary Art. I was surprised by the variety of the artwork there. They have everything from paintings to...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles