Experience: Unique Events Across the Globe
Collected by Afar Magazine
113 Haines Hwy, Haines, AK 99827, USA
Every November, the world's largest congregation of bald eagles gathers 20 miles outside of Haines, Alaska, for an unusually large feast. The draw? Meaty, striped salmon spawning along the Chilkat River, which never freezes thanks to an upwelling...
Glacier hike in Skaftafell National Park with our amazing guides. We had to use crampons and pick-axes to make our way to the top. It was one of the most beautiful hikes I have ever taken. We stopped at one point to take a sip of the freshest...
Waldo Lake, Oregon, USA
Some say this cobalt blue lake is so clean, it feels like distilled water, but that isn't quite true. In fact, it is seven times more pure--perhaps the most pristine lake in the United States, fed almost entirely by snowmelt from the Cascade...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Air Travel The Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico