Experience: Unique Events Across the Globe
Collected by Afar Magazine
113 Haines Hwy, Haines, AK 99827, USA
Every November, the world's largest congregation of bald eagles gathers 20 miles outside of Haines, Alaska, for an unusually large feast. The draw? Meaty, striped salmon spawning along the Chilkat River, which never freezes thanks to an upwelling...
In Skaftafell National Park in southeastern Iceland, the ice cave in the Svínafellsjökull glacier absorbs almost all visible light, reflecting only brilliant blue to the human eye. Outfitter Luxury Adventures equips visitors with axes, crampons,...
Waldo Lake, Oregon, USA
Some say this cobalt blue lake is so clean, it feels like distilled water, but that isn't quite true. In fact, it is seven times more pure--perhaps the most pristine lake in the United States, fed almost entirely by snowmelt from the Cascade...
Cameron Highlands, Pahang, Malaysia
The cool climate of Malaysia’s Cameron Highlands, which lie less than 100 miles north of Kuala Lumpur, is perfect both for escaping the heat of the capital and for growing tea, mainly black, oolong, and green varietals. The British first surveyed...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Travel News The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall