Experience Maui's Land and Sky Adventures
Collected by Andrea Rip , AFAR Local Expert
S High St, Wailuku, HI 96793, USA
The fragrance of plumeria and gentle island breezes greet you upon your arrival in to Maui. Soon after you've de-boarded the plane, received an elegant tuberose lei and picked up your bags, you're off to pick up your rental car. The woman behind...
5031 Hana Hwy, Hana, HI 96713, USA
An antidote to hectic modern life, Travaasa Hana, on Maui’s remote eastern coast, feels like a step back in time. There are no televisions, radios, clocks, or air-conditioning (ceiling fans and panoramic sliding doors capture ocean breezes)...
1 Keolani Pl, Kahului, HI 96732, USA
I usually prefer to hike, wander, explore...and would absolutely NOT consider a helicopter tour. However, Maui was my exception, and for one day I chose to be a "tourist" rather than a traveler...it was worth it. I'd heard that much of Maui is...
2580 Kekaa Dr #115, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
It's hard to focus on an ocean view when your feet are dangling above a valley. Then again, it's hard to be scared about the valley below when you have the beautiful ocean to distract you. More than just another Maui activity, Skyline...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May