Exit the Suez Canal at Port Said
This grand building was erected in 1895 to house the Suez Canal Company, now called the Suez Canal Authority (SCA). Construction of the Suez Canal, which connects the Mediterranean Sea with the Red Sea, began in 1859 and took a decade to finish....
Going all the way back to the construction of the Pharos of Alexandria in the 3rd century B.C.E., Egypt has long been a nation of naval innovation. The Port Said Lighthouse was the first building in the world created with reinforced concrete....
This newly built mosque with elaborate twin minarets and multiple domes is across from Port Said on the eastern side of the Suez Canal in Port Fuad, and it dominates the cityscape. The mosque is the central gathering place for followers of Islam;...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna