Collected by Krista Weir
As we arrived in Arraiolos, in the Alentejo area of Portugal, we saw the 14th century castle and the 16th century church resting majestically up on the hill overlooking the town. Arraiolos is known worldwide for its gorgeous woolen carpets which...
Alcarcova de Baixo 23, 7000-656 Évora, Portugal
We were trying to escape a rare late afternoon rain shower when, by sheer luck, we stumbled upon Piparoza. This cozy restaurant is an absolute gem. We feasted on small plates of tender and zesty octopus salad, melt-in-your-mouth delicious codfish...
Praça 1º de Maio 4, 7000-650 Évora, Portugal
Just around the corner from the front of St. Francis church is the unassuming entrance to Capela dos Ossos, aka the Chapel of Bones. The temperature dips slightly as you walk down the stone hallway and a smell similar to rain on dry earth welcomes...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles