Collected by Krista Weir
As we arrived in Arraiolos, in the Alentejo area of Portugal, we saw the 14th century castle and the 16th century church resting majestically up on the hill overlooking the town. Arraiolos is known worldwide for its gorgeous woolen carpets which...
Alcarcova de Baixo 23, 7000-841 Évora, Portugal
We were trying to escape a rare late afternoon rain shower when, by sheer luck, we stumbled upon Piparoza. This cozy restaurant is an absolute gem. We feasted on small plates of tender and zesty octopus salad, melt-in-your-mouth delicious codfish...
Praça 1º de Maio 4, 7000-650 Évora, Portugal
Just around the corner from the front of St. Francis church is the unassuming entrance to Capela dos Ossos, aka the Chapel of Bones. The temperature dips slightly as you walk down the stone hallway and a smell similar to rain on dry earth welcomes...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos