Collected by AFAR Explorer
7100 Estremoz, Portugal
Cowbells or those small look alike bells that are placed on animals are used to indicate where the animals are. Did you know that such type of artisanal bells are still produced in Portugal? Well yes, Mr. António Augusto Sim Sim still continues on...
Alcarcova de Baixo 23, 7000-841 Évora, Portugal
We were trying to escape a rare late afternoon rain shower when, by sheer luck, we stumbled upon Piparoza. This cozy restaurant is an absolute gem. We feasted on small plates of tender and zesty octopus salad, melt-in-your-mouth delicious codfish...
Estrada Nacional 114, Km 185, 7000-173 Évora, Portugal
Five amazing days discovering Alentejo on a Hertz Ride motorcycle tour. New BMW motorcycles ready to go. Empty scenic roads, great cuisine to appreciate, places to stay with a lot of heritage to share and culture to find. This is a truly unique...
Many typical Portuguese dishes use extra virgin olive oil, Portuguese wine, and garlic as their main ingredients. One of these delicious dishes is Pork and Clams Alentejana which is a combination of loin of pork and clams. The small pieces of pork...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May