Collected by Serene
R. Dom Pedro V 129, 1250-096 Lisboa, Portugal
Kiko Martins, one of Lisbon’s most influential chefs, traveled through 26 countries before settling on Peruvian cuisine and opening A Cevicheria. Now there’s a permaline for his modern Portuguese takes on classic ceviches such as local cod with...
R. Cecílio de Sousa 85, 1200-100 Lisboa, Portugal
The confectionery masterminds at Bettina & Niccolò Corallo are taking Lisbon’s sweets beyond the signature pastel de nata, crafting chocolate into pimento bonbons and truffles filled with rare liqueurs. This appeared in the Jan/Feb 2016 issue.
Av. 24 de Julho 49, 1200-479 Lisboa, Portugal
Near the Tagus River is Time Out Mercado da Ribeira, a former 13th-century fish market that now houses an almanac of Lisbon’s artisanal food purveyors. Multigenerational vendors serve such Portuguese specialties as conserved Atlantic octopus and ...
Praça do Comércio 31-34, 1100-148 Lisboa, Portugal
The Pestana Hotel Group, which is behind the Pestana Palace Lisboa, has a knack for turning historical properties into luxe hotels, and the Pousada de Lisboa is no exception. Situated on Lisbon’s grandest square, the Praça do...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna