Collected by Serene
R. Dom Pedro V 129, 1250-096 Lisboa, Portugal
Kiko Martins, one of Lisbon’s most influential chefs, traveled through 26 countries before settling on Peruvian cuisine and opening A Cevicheria. Now there’s a permaline for his modern Portuguese takes on classic ceviches such as local cod with...
R. Cecílio de Sousa 85, 1200-100 Lisboa, Portugal
The confectionery masterminds at Bettina & Niccolò Corallo are taking Lisbon’s sweets beyond the signature pastel de nata, crafting chocolate into pimento bonbons and truffles filled with rare liqueurs. This appeared in the Jan/Feb 2016 issue.
Av. 24 de Julho 49, 1200-479 Lisboa, Portugal
Near the Tagus River is Time Out Mercado da Ribeira, a former 13th-century fish market that now houses an almanac of Lisbon’s artisanal food purveyors. Multigenerational vendors serve such Portuguese specialties as conserved Atlantic octopus and ...
Praça do Comércio 31-34, 1100-148 Lisboa, Portugal
The Pestana Hotel Group has a knack for turning historical properties into luxe hotels; the Pousada de Lisboa is no exception. Situated on Lisbon’s grandest square, the Praça do Comércio, the 90-room property inhabits the...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022