European Vacation Ideas
Collected by Christian Soriano
Ul. Luje Adamovića 31, 52210, Rovinj, Croatia
From the outside, Hotel Lone (pronounced LO-nay) looks like a giant zebra-stripe cruise liner. The 236 rooms and 12 suites feature private balconies that wrap around the property like corridors on a ship. Inside, rooms are decorated with textiles...
52429, Grožnjan, Croatia
Every July and August, the artsy town of Groznjan swells with visitors who come for classical music concerts and the annual Jazz Is Back festival, held July 13 through August 3 this year. This appeared in the August/September 2013 issue. Image:...
52420, Buzet, Croatia
Buzet is an ideal town for wandering. Afterward, settle into the Vela Vrata hotel (pictured) near the church of St. George and its stone city gate, both built during the Venetian empire. This appeared in the August/September 2013 issue.
Prinsengracht 112, 1015 EA Amsterdam, Netherlands
Just down the street from the Anne Frank House is the Amsterdam Cheese Museum. It feels more like a shop, shelves filled to the ceiling with a huge variety of Dutch cheeses, including the world-famous gouda and edam varieties. If you are strolling...
Via Tagliata, 32B, 84017 Positano SA, Italy
Situated high up in the hills of Montepertuso and overlooking the magical town of Positano, each and every part of the family-owned, Trattoria La Tagliata, is truly local – from the organic vegetables grown in their own gardens, free-range meat...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States