European grand tour
Collected by Patricia Jacques
La Rambla, 58, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Learn to cook traditional dishes, and modern twists on old favorites, with the chefs at Barcelona Cooking. Sign up for an evening cooking class and learn to prepare dishes like seafood paella and Crema Catalana (the Catalan version of Creme...
The Aurora Borealis goes on all night in Akureyri, Iceland; however, the clouds, moon and weather prevent the human eye to see it all the time. We were lucky enough to be able to catch the Northern Lights on our trip. It was just like how the old...
Abisko Turist Station, 981 07 Abisko, Sweden
Around me was utter silence even though dozens of people were above and below me. Nearby towering mountains were coated in snow. Unnerving and eerie in one sense yet utterly humbling. The chairlift I was riding in had to be stopped for every...
Trona Pinnacles, California, USA
The Trona Pinnacles is one of the most unusual geological features in the Mojave Desert of California, its unusual landscape consisting of hundreds of tufa spires rising from a former lake bed, stark mountains bracketing the formations.
300 Palm Canyon Dr, Borrego Springs, CA 92004, USA
There are at least 129 metal sculptures of varying sizes, many of them rather large, on the Galleta Meadows Estates, owned by the late Dennis Avery. The sculptures were all created by Ricardo Breceda, and are absolutely fascinating. Creating a...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter