Collected by Desiree Carter
Mehringdamm 32, 10961 Berlin, Germany
It’s often a surprise for visitors to Berlin to discover that Turkish postwar immigrants created the popular döner kebab here. The city takes its kebabs seriously, and there are several hot spots whose reputation precedes them. One such...
Alexanderpl., 10178 Berlin, Germany
Our guide decided we couldn't be in Berlin more than a night without sampling the currywurst. This little fast-food joint in the train station might not be the finest of dining, but at 11:30PM it hit the spot. Though they were in the process of...
Aristotelous 9, Thessaloniki 546 24, Greece
Koulouria (ko-loo-ree) are savory donut-shaped rings of bread made with yeast and covered in sesame seeds. For most Greeks, this is breakfast with a cup of coffee. No eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, pancakes, or waffles. Just one or two of these and...
Via Santa Radegonda, 16, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
There is a reason the locals line up down the block at this place come lunchtime: the pomodoro panzerotti. It's a perfect little pocket filled with fresh, warm, gooey mozzarella and local tomatoes. I tried several other sweet and savory items...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village