Europe Austria 2016
Collected by Linda Kazares
Mirabellplatz, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Follow the sound of music to the iconic Mirabell Palace and Gardens, where Fräulein Maria and the von Trapp children delightfully sang "Do-Re-Mi." Mirabell has become a dream destination for marriage ceremonies, boasting what some call the...
Herrengasse 16, 1010 Wien, Austria
While Vienna, Austria is the quintessential walking city, treasures abound if you dare to walk through its magnificent, arched doorways. Hidden in plain sight you will find small, hedonistic gems like the bar inside the courtyard of the Palais...
The Schlossberg, which literally means Castle Mountain, is in many ways the heart of Graz. It is after all where the city’s unconquerable fortress once stood and where young and old still go to escape the busy streets today. Schlossberg makes for...
Wiesern 48, 5754 Hinterglemm, Austria
Josef Kroll has reimagined his family’s 14th-century estate in the Hinterglemm valley and turned it into a modern, 24-suite hotel. Its outstanding restaurant serves updated versions of classic dishes using meat, vegetables, and fruit from...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village