Collected by Julie Nelson
Matavun 12, 6215 Divača, Slovenia
Surely a testament to something or other, none of my photos from deep in the Škocjan Caves came out. Nothing could've captured the eeriness of this vast underground world, which Slovenians first started exploring two centuries ago.
Adamič-Lundrovo nabrežje 6, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Stall after stall of kitschy folk art? Sure. But December’s monthlong Festive Fair also has homemade pear brandy, piles of fresh sauerkraut, and hours of great stories about the days of socialism. Lights on the Triple Bridge add a warm glow. This...
Kuznechnyy Pereulok, 3, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 191025
With piles of thick white cream cheese, buckets of fresh honey, and spicy pickled cucumbers, Kuznechny Market in St. Petersburg, Russia, is a site not to miss. Before I visited Russia, I was told that St. Petersburg was the "Venice of the north,"...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico