Collected by Reeve Jolliffe
Konrad-Adenauer-Straße 7, 60313 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
San San is located inside the Westin Grand Frankfurt and was recently named the best Chinese restaurant in town by Frankfurt geht aus 2015. The kitchen prepares a wide variety of Chinese dishes like Canton duck, dim sum, and barbecue pork, and...
Chef Ana Ros’s parents run this simple but elegant resort that comprises four wood-sided cabins with fireplaces and alpine views. The hills are alive with opportunities for exploring the Soca Valley. Livek 39, Kobarid, 386/(0) 5-384-4620 This...
Trg bana Josipa Jelačića, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
An elegant square lined with grand, 19th-century buildings, Ban Jelačić is a great spot to feel the city’s pulse. It often plays host to fairs and performances, as well as locals chatting under the sculpture of Ban Josip Jelačić or the...
Gundulićeva ul. 18, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Gostionica Tip Top is an old bohemian hangout—Croatian poet Tin Ujevic used to hang out here. They serve inexpensive but delicious Dalmatian cuisine in downtown Zagreb, and are known for their set menus—in particular, octopus stew on Thursdays and...
8, Preradovićeva ul., 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
The collection of Croatian jams, liqueurs, olive oils, and spirits at this sliver of a store in Zagreb is vast. Every item can be sampled, so be sure to ask for a taste of maraska (sour cherry) liqueur or the country’s famous Maraschino liqueur,...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter