Collected by Dina Lewis
14710 Colleville-sur-Mer, France
The cemetery site is a memorial to those whom lost their lives in the D-Day landings and ensuing operations. The spot sits on a cliff overlooking Omaha Beach and the English Channel and it quite beautiful. You can't help to feel drawn in by the...
6 Boulevard de Cauvigny, 14710 Vierville-sur-Mer, France
Utah Beach is the westernmost of the five landing beaches on D-Day June 6, 1944. Utah is a flatter beach than Omaha Beach. The movie "The Longest Day" shows the landing on Utah Beach and how brutal it was. I walked the three mile long beach and...
4 Rue du Lacydon, 13002 Marseille, France
This humble eatery is everything you would expect from a traditional French bistro: simply prepared food, menus scrawled on chalkboards and intimate table settings. At the outdoor tables, you can people-watch and soak up the sun while sipping a...
2 Quai du Port, 13002 Marseille, France
Marseille is fortunate to have several Michelin-starred restaurants, and chef Ludovic Turac is the youngest to helm one of these renowned establishments. Expect seasonal ingredients, refined presentations and impeccable execution in creative...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Travel News Europe Proposes Extending Travel Ban Until June 15
- 3 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Countries Coming Out of Lockdown
- 4 Travel News Iceland Begins to Reopen After Rigorous Testing Helps Contain Coronavirus Outbreak
- 5 Longreads Inside the Growing Community of Families on the Road, Full Time