Collected by Dina Lewis
14710 Colleville-sur-Mer, France
The memorial overlooking the battlefield of Omaha Beach is moving. Rows and rows of perfectly placed white tombstones as far as you can see. As part of the WWII sites, this is a hard place to stop, but an important one. The memorial includes a...
6 Boulevard de Cauvigny, 14710 Vierville-sur-Mer, France
Utah Beach is the westernmost of the five landing beaches on D-Day June 6, 1944. Utah is a flatter beach than Omaha Beach. The movie "The Longest Day" shows the landing on Utah Beach and how brutal it was. I walked the three mile long beach and...
Place de la Major, 13002 Marseille, France
We'd just made our way out of the winding alleys of Le Panier, a charming neighborhood in Marseille, when we had a close up encounter of the beautiful Cathédrale Sainte-Marie-Majeure de Marseille (Marseille Cathedral). Afterward, we made the short...
4 Rue du Lacydon, 13002 Marseille, France
This humble eatery is everything you would expect from a traditional French bistro: simply prepared food, menus scrawled on chalkboards and intimate table settings. At the outdoor tables, you can people-watch and soak up the sun while sipping a...
2 Quai du Port, 13002 Marseille, France
Marseille is fortunate to have several Michelin-starred restaurants, and chef Ludovic Turac is the youngest to helm one of these renowned establishments. Expect seasonal ingredients, refined presentations and impeccable execution in creative...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map