Collected by Charlie Grosso
10, Harar, Ethiopia
Commerce spills out of alleys and backstreets onto virtually every public space in and around Harar's medieval walled city (also known as Jugol). At the far end of the Christian Market, which is loosely centered around Showa Gate, there is a line...
Jegol, Harar, Ethiopia
Tucked inside the walled city of Harar, Ethiopia is a wonderful market loaded with local Berber spices, fresh coffee beans, herbs, and incense. The smells and sights are terrific, but the friendliness of the people sets this shopping area apart...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022