Collected by AFAR Explorer
Dead Sea Road, Jordan
At the lowest point on Earth, you find the body of water in which you cannot sink. The Dead Sea is a geographic oddity. This inland sea, with no outlet for its water, has a salt content of 20 percent due to evaporation. This means you're naturally...
Unnamed Road, Jordan
If you don't have a huge amount of time, the quickest way to cover a decent stretch of territory in Wadi Rum is to take a jeep tour. Even with just one afternoon at your disposal, you can make it to the major highlights including Khazali Canyon,...
Umm Qais, Jordan
The Jordan Trail is a long-distance through-hike stretching the length of the country from Umm Qais in the north right down to Aqaba on the shore of the Red Sea. Covering 600km of terrain that ranges from lush valleys to barren desert, and taking...
Complex No 34, King Abdullah Ist St 34, Amman, Jordan
Jordan's capital is where Jordan's traditional soul and modern city life merge. Head downtown for souk (market) bustle and coffee shops packed full of old men drinking ahwa (Arabic coffee) and smoking shisha. Then skip up the narrow staircases...
Al-Quds St., Amman, Jordan
Pilgrims since the Byzantine period have claimed this spot to be where Moses finally saw the Promised Land, and where the prophet died. Today, the Moses Memorial Church here (a modern construction, built over an earlier Byzantine church) is home...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys