Collected by AFAR Explorer
Dead Sea Rd., Sweimeh، Jordan
At the lowest point on Earth, you find the body of water in which you cannot sink. The Dead Sea is a geographic oddity. This inland sea, with no outlet for its water, has a salt content of 20 percent due to evaporation. This means you're naturally...
Unnamed Road, Jordan
If you don't have a huge amount of time, the quickest way to cover a decent stretch of territory in Wadi Rum is to take a jeep tour. Even with just one afternoon at your disposal, you can make it to the major highlights including Khazali Canyon,...
Umm Qais, Jordan
The Jordan Trail is a long-distance through-hike stretching the length of the country from Umm Qais in the north right down to Aqaba on the shore of the Red Sea. Covering 600km of terrain that ranges from lush valleys to barren desert, and taking...
Complex No 34, King Abdullah Ist St 34, Amman, Jordan
Jordan's capital is where Jordan's traditional soul and modern city life merge. Head downtown for souk (market) bustle and coffee shops packed full of old men drinking ahwa (Arabic coffee) and smoking shisha. Then skip up the narrow staircases...
Al-Quds St., Amman, Jordan
Pilgrims since the Byzantine period have claimed this spot to be where Moses finally saw the Promised Land, and where the prophet died. Today, the Moses Memorial Church here (a modern construction, built over an earlier Byzantine church) is home...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now